Recently Denovo's own Carin Wagner, Senior Practice Director of PMO/Quality, hosted an informative web session around her favorite tricks to help maximize your JD Edwards investment.
In her session, Carin discusses:
- Identifies customizations in your system that can be replaced with UDOs
- Taking control of row and form exists
- Utilizing "Personalize Exits" to show only those relevant to your business
- Adding State to On-Line Depreciation
- A prime example of using form extension to pull a field from the business view into your current screen without customization.
- Execution Detail Research Tool
- A tool on every report that is run that gives very valuable information including audit info
- Rearrange Address Book
- Using personalization to move information from one tab to another to consolidate the information you need, (in this example, your full address book) all into one single page.
- Using Helpful Function Keys
- F2 (when inside a field) opens Visual Assist. F12 allows to "jump" between selections.
- Attachment Templates
- underrated and underused, they offer the ability to "embed" form-type information that will print, unlike file attachments.
- Changing Column Headings
- Category Code Column Headings can be edited using Grid Format
- Favorite Exits
- Enable Simplified Row/Form Exits in preferences to create your own Row and Form "Favorites"
- New "Learn JDE" Link
- Under Resources, this tool offers access to a plethora of educational Oracle resources on all things JDE.
Carin will be providing additional Tips and Tricks in coming sessions, Be sure to stay tuned so you don't miss out!